Gather Information Without Cross-Influence or Biases
Do you need independent ratings, resources, estimations, and ideas?
Decisions often can be subject to manipulation and bias. Cognitive biases often cause team decisions to be based on bad choices or deliver poor results. They include anchoring and priming effects, which prevent good decisions and bias choices toward bad decisions. In groups, claims, justifications, hiding and exaggerated risks manipulate decisions or force them without alternative. This leads to frustration and people opting out of participating to bring about good solutions.
Decisions made with the DecisionMaker incorporate anonymous, real-time information. During a rating, estimation or information-gathering, everybody provides their rating or resources independently. At the end, all participants see the result, as well as the factors that went into it, anonymously and openly.
How does the DecisionMaker work here?
Our research show that biases, influence, and manipulation are corrected through DecisionMaker usage because it requires open, anonymous, and focused participation. Behavioral Economics shows that cognitive biases like the anchoring effect, loss aversion and bandwagon effect are always in play and cause irrational decisions.
But, there’s hope: Digitized Decision Making Management (dDMM) ensures 100% participation and corrects individual and group biases by avoiding the anchoring effect in large groups and requiring resources from the group to converge to a jointly supported decision.
How do I use it?
To eliminate bias and enjoy making good jointly-supported decisions with your team, you can use the DecisionMaker. First, create a Decision Making Process. Next, use or create as many KiE Scales as you’d like to gather ratings, resources, estimations, and ideas. Finally, end the Decision Making Process.
Bias is eliminated with the 3 specific elements of the KiE Scale clearly drive participants’ focus toward action. They also activate all participants’ intuition and cognition to lead to a conscious decision. The competencies of all participants are necessarily gathered and flow directly into the Decision Making Process. Participation become 100% and the ratio of questions to answers for feedback settles at an ideal level of 50% questions and 50% answers.
To gather ratings, resources, estimations, and ideas without bias, you can make a KiE Scale and use it an any Decision Making Process or survey. There are five steps:
- Create a Decision Making Process with “CREATE A NEW DM PROCESS" to receive a Decision Making ID (DMi) for sharing with you participants. Than “SELECT NEXT KiE SCALE”.
- Click on an existing KiE Scale and press “SELECT” or specify a new one with “CREATE A KIE SCALE". For a new KiE Scale specifying your Leading Question and choose the appropriate KiE Scale Type. You have many options that all reinforce gathering information without cross-influence or biases.
- To gather ratings, select from Scale Types including: “right,” “left,” “middle,” “intuitive,” and “outside”
- To collect information for ideation, select the Scale Type “question” and ask for resources to protect against risks or achieve goals.
(The “question” KiE Scale does not have any Meaning Areas)
- To ask “yes/no” or “true/false” questions, select the Scale Type “polar”
- To gather numeric values, select the Scale Type “values”
- To lead a team to make a quantitative estimation, select the Scale Type “fibonacci”
- To collect and calculate the Net Promoter Score, select the Scale Type “NPS”(and enjoy the added DecisionMaker benefit of collecting Resources)
- Label your Meaning Areas corresponding to the Leading Question and KiE Scale Type.
- Click the “CREATE” button to finalize the process. The new KiE Scale will be stored and selecting “BACK” returns you to the existing one. Click on the KiE Scale you want and share the KiE Scale with you participants.
- For the fist KiE Scale you have to initiate the Decision Making Process with “START RATING”.
Information gathering becomes clearly focused through the leading question and the KiE scale type and the meaning areas that actives intuition and cognition at the same time.